WINE!!!

And why we love it...

Friday, November 6, 2009

Sometimes You Just Know What You Want...

Maybe it stems from making a poor choice the first time, or maybe, just maybe, you are beginning to recognize the cravings of your own palette.
Tonight, I know what I want. La Linda Tempranillo (Argentina) The wine that last week was the perfect transition from the hazy warmth of September/October to the chilled crisp air of November. Tonight may prove a 360-degree whirlwind, though - I am contemplating switching from red to white!? Such is life...
Perhaps this mirrors the daily back-and-forth of my mind...
But tonight I am letting go, savoring the November harvest moon that sits so effortlessly in the sky if night just outside the door.
Tonight I must rest this mind of mine and savor every sip...
The Tempranillo tastes completely different ce soir - a reflection of the the self that is changing, my life that has trasnformed - a reflection of going back to what you thought you knew about your life, your circumstances, your past, present, and future. I moved on to the Torrontes, which was heavier and a bit sweeter than I was expecting and hoping for, but turned out to be a lovely accompaniment to our asparagus/goat cheese quesadilla - and a smooth finish to this night of wine...
Even if we know nothing of ourselves in a moment, we know one thing: that anything can happen in the next moment. In this case, it is the arrival of a familiar and comforting face - my sister coming to join me for another Mojave date...

Kristin the wine ("not-so-vixen" tonight)

No comments:

Post a Comment